12.12.2009

Santa Claus is Coming to Town...

We have slowly been getting ready for Christmas over the past few weeks. I took our Elf on the Shelf book out last week and Grace has been having lots of fun looking for our elf each morning. She named the elf "Bailey" which also happens to be the name of my parent's dog. Grace loves the idea of Santa Claus and looks for him wherever we go. At the bank the other day one of the ladies was wearing a Santa hat, she just kept pointing and saying "Santa Claus."

I knew Grace liked the idea of Santa, but I was almost positive she wasn't going to sit on his lap. She was pretty excited on our way to go see him, and watched closely as the kids before us both received lollipops from Santa. When it was our turn, I placed Lily on Santa's lap and that is when Grace held on to me for dear life. I really wanted to get the classic kid crying on Santa's lap photo, but there was no tearing her away from me.
She was brave enough to talk to Santa and take that lollipop he was giving out along with crayons and a coloring book.

No comments: