1.12.2010

No Tears Today!

Well, we made it through the first day back to school with no tears! I talked to Grace for several days about going back to "school" and stressed the fun things like playing with her friends, but she still seemed a little unsure about it.

We took Lily to the "baby" room first and then walked down to Grace's room where she just stood and looked around as I waved goodbye, but no tears fell. When I finally had time to breathe and think as I drove the few blocks to school (getting two kids ready in the morning is hectic!) I choked up, but no tears came down.

All the teachers just adored Lily and gave me a good report when I picked her up. As we talked about Grace's day at school before bedtime tonight she said, "I ready to go." I'm crossing my fingers that they will continue to like going to "school" this year and always... it definitely makes going to work a little easier.

No comments: