9.13.2010

Mommy and Me

Grace has been in need of some special attention since school has started (or maybe I just miss spending so much time with my girls?), and she has also been requesting to go to the beach. I decided to combine the two and took her to the beach on Sunday morning, just me and her. When we arrived at the beach I realized that I left the bag with sunscreen and towels at the house, so we had to make a quick trip to the store before we could start our fun. Grace and I had a great time playing in the sand and jumping in the waves. It's always nice to have a couple hours to give all my attention to one of the girls.

Before we headed home, we played on the playground at the beach.
There were lots of other kids there because someone was having a birthday party.

The sweet mom that was throwing the party offered Grace a cupcake, and since mommy forgot the bag that also had the healthy snacks in it she was pretty hungry. She ate the entire BLUE cupcake and I think it was her favorite part of our morning together!

Poor Lily is getting her two front teeth (they are both going to
break through any day!), so she was pretty unhappy all weekend.
She stayed at home and got some special attention from daddy.
We promised her we would take her to the beach next time we go.

1 comment:

Mike and Ashley Madden said...

Your girls are so beautiful!! Good for you for finding time to do one-on-one time. That is awesome and creates such special memories. Tell Brooks we are thinking about him with his ankle injury. Hope all will be better soon!!