3.05.2013

The Girls

I feel like the girls have been fighting for attention lately, one wants me to play polly pockets and the other wants me to play babies. They seem to both want/need me at the same time and I wish I had more time to give to them. Lily has been challenging (I keep reminding myself that 3 is tough), it hasn't helped that she has had 3 ear infections in the past three months along with her cough on and off. I decided that I needed to set aside some time for each of them this past weekend. Lily came to run errands with me on Saturday and then we went to TCBY. As soon as we got in the car she asked where Grace was, I realized that it had been a while since they have gone anywhere without each other. Lily enjoyed her frozen yogurt and loved the extra attention, so did I! It was a nice simple date, need to do these more often...  



Love this kid! 



Lily loves to wear hats...

I didn't get to take Grace anywhere by herself this weekend, but made sure that I gave her some alone time at home. I usually let her sleep in our bed on Friday, so this Friday we snuggled and I read longer than usual to her. Grace's teachers are really amazing this year. She is learning so much and just loves school. Ms. Wendy read a Junie B. Jones chapter book to the class a few weeks ago and Grace just couldn't stop talking about it. I brought home a whole bunch from my classroom and we have been reading them one by one. This is our special time together each night before she goes to bed. She sure does take after her daddy and LOVES to read!

Brooks and I having fun at Monkey Joe's on Sunday...

After Monkey Joes, we headed to TCBY (again). Lily never even mentioned to Grace that we went there the day before. We enjoyed the time together as a family, but it is so nice to have some one on one time every now and then. 

No comments: