6.25.2009

Bye-Bye Bottle

Grace has been using a sippy cup for quite some time now, but we just couldn't seem to kick the habit of the "before bedtime" baba. It has been our night time routine to take a bath, get a bottle and then read some books. I told myself that after school was over I would take it away, but deep down I didn't want my baby to have to grow up.

On Monday night (after all our traveling) I decided to have Grace help me throw her bottles away (way, way as Grace would say). She really enjoys throwing things away (I have caught her throwing things "way" that didn't really need to be in the trash), so I thought this would be good closure for her. She has been doing great all week! She asked for her baba a couple times and I reminded her that we threw them away. To this response I get a little smirk, and she is learning the word cup.

Little does she know, I put a clean trash bag in the garbage pail
because I am saving these bottles for her little sister.

Enjoying a cup of milk before bed...bye bye bottle.

No comments: