3.24.2010

Still Sick

I received another call on Tuesday that Grace had a high fever, so I picked her up and went strait to the doctor. She ended up having strep throat. While I was at the doctor's office, the nurse heard Lily coughing and said she didn't sound well (this is the first time she has actually coughed there). I reminded her that I've brought Lily to the office 5 times for the cough, I think she sensed my frustration when she asked if she should pull her chart. I saw a doctor that was filling in at the office and told her the whole history of the cough. After looking through her chart and seeing that I first brought Lily in January with the same cough, she decided that it was time for some tests. We went to MUSC for a chest x-ray today. Tomorrow, I have to take her for a sweat test (for cystic fibrosis), the doctor said they like to rule this out - I really don't think she has this, but it's still stressful to think about. Next Thursday she goes to the pulmonologist. We will keep you posted on any results. We are praying that it's nothing serious, and just want that cough to go away!
On a happy note, I think we have the only kids that still sleep through the night when they are sick. Thank goodness for that!!

2 comments:

Mike and Ashley Madden said...

so sorry that your girls are having such a rough time. that is just AWFUL!! Please keep us posted on how both Lily and Grace are. We will definitely be praying for both of them to get well Very, Very soon!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear your kids are sick. We will keep you guys in our thoughts and prayers.