11.21.2010

Daddy's Birthday Weekend

We really enjoyed a relaxing weekend at home for Brooks' birthday. Saturday morning Lily woke up with a fever and was a little fussy, so Brooks took Grace out for a daddy/daughter breakfast date. That afternoon while the girls napped, we also took a nap. Brooks says that he should get a nap every year for his birthday and I totally agree!
Lily seemed to feel better that night, so we went out to dinner as a family and the girls did really well. After dinner we went to the Towne Centre to see the Christmas tree and Santa Claus. Grace was a little nervous about actually seeing Santa, but really wanted to tell him what she wanted: A Dopey doll and a Baby Doll. I had to hold her, but she managed to tell Santa that she wanted a Dopey. We will have to visit him again before Christmas or write a letter to let him know about the Baby Doll....
Lily loved listening to the Christmas music.Happy Birthday Brooks!!! We love you and appreciate all you do for us! Hope you enjoyed your birthday weekend. Oh yeah - Brooks also had to rescue Lily on Sunday. I took her to Target while Grace was napping and accidentally locked the keys in the car along with her. Not only was I panicked that my one-year was locked in the car, but my cell phone would not work. I stopped a girl in the parking lot and left Brooks a message about our situation. While the nice girl tried to get in touch with AAA, I ran inside to use the phone and of course they weren't working. Luckily I finally got in touch with Brooks and he was already on the way! I think the whole situation was much harder on me than Lily, but I will definitely be paranoid every time I close the doors on our new mini van!

No comments: