3.06.2011

Happy Engagement...

to Kevin and Christina!
On Saturday night we went to their engagement party to
celebrate with their family and friends.
Brooks and I recently realized that we've become those people who think it's OK to bring our kids wherever we are invited. When we received our invitation to the party we knew that no family would be in town, which meant no babysitter. We assumed that it was a kid friendly party, because like I said we have become those people - hehe! The day before the party I decided to call a babysitter recommended by a neighbor and was surprised when she said she was free. Since this was the first time I've ever hired a babysitter, I decided baby steps would be a good idea. This meant that only Lily was going to stay with the sitter and Grace would come to the party (this is because I knew Grace would cry and scream as we left.) So we arrived at the party and it was definitely not for kids. I was way underdressed in my jeans which would have bothered me a lot more when I wasn't a busy working mother of two young girls (I did ask Brooks the day before if he knew the appropriate attire, and he said casual. Next time I will call you Christina!). I was relieved that we didn't bring Lily because I was visualizing her running through the house dripping her milk and knocking over things. Grace was very well behaved and played with Christina's niece most of the night. She also became a dancing queen towards the end of the party, which entertained lots of people. Kevin and Christina have a great group of friends that are always so welcoming and sweet to the girls.

Grace found a lollipop in her bag and
there was no talking her out of eating it.
I think I told her twenty times not to drop it anywhere.
Reyla and Grace

The Boys

Grace loves Kevin!

Me and the beautiful bride-to-be...

Chrissy, our babysitter, was really nice and she just loved Lily. Lily didn't cry when we left which made things easy. She gave Chrissy some trouble when it was time for bed, but other than that I think it was a success. Now that Grace has met the babysitter, I think she will be more willing to stay with her the next time. Brooks and I are already planning a date night and we will keep her phone number handy so that we don't have to be those people that bring our kids everywhere!

No comments: