7.24.2010

Summer Fun

The girls and I have been having lots of fun this summer and I'm so sad that it is almost over. I had to go to a training day for school last week, so Grace and Lily went to "school" for the day. I was sure both of them would cry when I left, but nobody did which made things a lot easier on me. When I picked them up they both seemed happy and I even had a good note from Grace's teachers that read, " It was a pleasure having Grace with us today. She did well going to the potty and playing with her friends." I was so proud of her for that small little note, so I think I'll try extra hard to write lots of positive notes this year at school.

This summer the girls have enjoyed going to the pool (which is short wagon ride across the street for us), going to the water park and sometimes just playing all day at home. The only thing that could have made our summer better is if daddy had as much time off as me!

Here are a few pictures from our summer fun:

Swimming in the Baby Pool

Lily loves to splash in the water!
Talking on the phone
(which wasn't even a phone) in her Tutu (so sassy!)

Taylor and Grace at the water park

Lily loves the water park too, and still loves to play with a spoon...

Grace LOVES boiled peanuts just like her Booker
(and most southerners, including me).

There's nothing like a juicy piece of watermelon on a hot summer day!

We are headed to NY for over a week on Friday for my sister's wedding and lots of family time. It will be a nice way to end my summer vacation because I will be forced to relax and not think about going back to work.
One last thing... Grace has done poopy on the potty three times this week, she was so proud of herself and so was mommy and daddy!

No comments: